I've been tagged by Wendy at Celiac's in the House to reveal 7 random facts about myself. I did this some time ago here, but I thought it would be fun to do it again, only I had to come up with new facts! If I remember right, I have to tag 7 other people as well.
1. My favorite seasons are spring and summer. I Hate winter. Fall is beautiful, but while most people are happy for it's beauty, and I do enjoy that part, but I get a little depressed knowing what is to come. I live for these early days of spring. And, even in the very heat of summer, which here in Indiana it gets very humid, you will still find me sitting on my porch enjoying the outdoors.
2. I love crafting. Especially card making, stamping and scrap booking. I have a whole room dedicated to it. Sometimes on Sundays my mom and friends come over and we scrap together. The week before last, I had 4 people, 4 dogs, and one baby (5 weeks old) in my room together! Of course the dogs were not scrapping. There were just laying like beached whales everywhere. And, I held the baby more than I worked!
3. My favorite tv show is 24. I own every season on DVD. Don't ever call me on Monday nights between 9:00 and 10:00. I won't talk to you. I'll tell my husband to take a message. My son comes over to watch it with me. I think he has a man crush on Jack Bauer. Gosh, I hope Jack Bauer is not killed off this year. I'm a little worried right now, although the red head is a good female Jack Bauer. Sorry is I lost some of you here 🙂 See, it's a problem with me.
4. I love to read. I have a book addiction. I can't go in a book store and come out empty handed. Amazon is dangerous for me. I have 3 fairly large bookshelves and they are almost all full. Then there's the cupboard full of cookbooks. I really need help. Libraries are even worse for me. Free books! I can't leave without a pile!
5. I also have a kitchen shop addiction. You can ask my husband, when it comes to Christmas and presents, would I want jewelry or a kitchen appliance? It would be a kitchen appliance. They won't all fit in my kitchen. I have to have a shelf in the basement to fit all my gadgits. I don't have a lot of shoes, clothes or jewelry. I don't ever really enjoy shopping for those things, but if you want to take me to a kitchen shop, I'm there!
6. I'm not very techie. I don't tweat or twitter. I barely do Facebook. You're lucky you are reading this blog right now because I barely know how to do that!
7. I am a Christian. I don't share that on here a lot, but it's a very important part of my life. It sounds a little weird, but I don't go to church right now. Well, not Sunday church. We have been members of several churches since Steve and I married almost 25 years ago, but we just never seem to fit anywhere. My best fit right now, is with a group of friends I meet with on Wednesday mornings. I call it Wednesday church. We always have a study going and a girls therapy session. There are 8 of us. Most of us home schooled our children together and all of our children have grown up. Most of us are almost empty nesters. We have been through a lot together and these women mean the world to me and are the best church I've ever gone to!
So there you have it, seven more random facts about me! I have picked some bloggers that I don't know as well so I can get to know them better, and some I have been following for a while.
Gluten Free Kay– Kay lives not far from me in Indianapolis, and yet we've never met. I love reading her blog. She is always doing something interesting and grows a lot of stuff!
Here's what let's do– This is Mikki's blog and she is funny, funny, funny! She always makes me laugh.
Gluten Free Steve – I just love Steve and the Artist (who does beautiful watercolors by the way). He is just a sweet guy!
Gluten Free Mom – Jamie is raising a celiac teen and I love her recipes. Besides, she's got really cute kids!
Gluten Free A to Z– This a new blog I'm just getting familiar with. A and Z write very helpful glu
ten free food reviews.
Hold the Gluten – Maureen is another blogger with a good sense of humor who also makes me laugh!
Delightfully Gluten Free – Cassandra is another mom of really cute kids. She always has wonderful recipes and insights for living gluten free.